web-archive-uk.com


Web directory, archive
Search web-archive-uk.com:


Find domain in archive system:
web-archive-uk.com » UK » D » DERBYPHOTOS.CO.UK

Total: 588

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Little Chester, Derby, England - Photographs and History
    names were Robert Ludlum Nicholas Garlick and Richard Sympson On July 24th 1588 they were executed and their dismembered bodies were displayed on the poles on the approaches to St Mary s Bridge Photo Description Chapel of St Mary s and the bridge Date photo taken 24th October 2001 Other Information This is a view of the other side of the bridge with the chapel to the left of it To see a photo taken from this same position but 40 years ago visit my Old photos page HERE Photo Description Chapel of St Mary s on the bridge Bridge Chapel Exact Map Location Click HERE Date photo taken 24th October 2001 Other Information This old building is the chapel of St Mary on the bridge It is one of only six left in England It was built in 1326 and was restored to it s present condition in 1930 This shot taken from half way across St Mary s bridge Photo Description Chapel of St Mary s on the bridge Date photo taken 5th July 2001 Other Information This is the chapel viewed from the end of Duke Street Photo Description Chapel of St Mary s on the bridge Date photo taken 12th August 2001 Other Information This is the garden at the side of the chapel Photo Description The well in the Chapel of St Mary s on the bridge Date photo taken 12th August 2001 Other Information This well is inside the chapel Photo Description Chapel of St Mary s on the bridge Date photo taken 12th August 2001 Other Information View inside the chapel Photo Description Chapel of St Mary s on the bridge Date photo taken 12th August 2001 Other Information View inside the chapel Photo Description St Pauls church Exact Map Location Click HERE

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_i_o/littlechester.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Littleover, Derby, Derbyshire, England - Photographs and History
    the right side as you enter the village from the town end Photo Description Burton road Littleover village Date photo taken 1st June 2001 Other Information This is Littleover village These are the shops on the left side as you enter the village from the town end Photo Description White Swan Exact map location Click HERE Date photo taken 28th September 2001 Other Information This pub is located on Shepherd street Photo Description Nice Ivy clad house Date photo taken 28th September 2001 Other Information This rather nice looking house covered in Ivy is located on Shepherd street just a bit further down from the Pub Photo Description Saint Peters church Date photo taken 28th September 2001 Other Information Other Information This is Saint Peters Church on Shepherd street It has 14th century windows in the chancel and south aisle It also contains a 17th century chalice The church was heavily restored in the 19th century The north aisle was restored in 1856 Photo Description Littleover s oldest building Exact map location Click HERE Date photo taken 28th September 2001 Other Information This 16th Century thatched cottage In the Hollow is one of Littleover s oldest buildings unknown datage but probably began life as a labourer s cottage on the Harpur Estate during the 16th century Photo Description Ancient stone trough Date photo taken 28th September 2001 Other Information This Ancient stone trough dates back to a time when Horses used to be the main form of transport through Littleover Here is looks like it needs cleaning out Photo Description View of Old Hall road junction Date photo taken 28th September 2001 Other Information This is the junction where Old Hall Road meets Church Street Photo Description Littleover Community School Exact Map Location HERE for a Birds eye view Date

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_i_o/littleover.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Mackworth, Derby, Derbyshire, England - Photographs and History
    by a band below and recessed spire is 15th Century there is a tomb chest with an effigy of Edward Mundy Photo Description Old thatched village house Date photo taken 12th October 2001 Other Information This is one of the original thatched houses in the village of old Mackworth Photo Description Mackworth Castle Date photo taken 12th October 2001 Other Information Apparently there never was a Mackworth Castle only a gate house in a castle style which was to have been the lodge to Mackworth Hall The De Mackworths built the lodge gate house then dropped plans to build the hall and moved off to build a hall on some new land they had acquired Cromwell Cannon Hill and the destruction of the castle by the Roundheads is all legendary nonsense Other notable families in the area were the Touchets and the Mundys who lived over at the now demolished Markeaton Hall Photo Description Home Farm Date photo taken 12th October 2001 Other Information Home Farm private house Photo Description Mundy Arms Hotel Date photo taken 12th October 2001 Other Information The Mundy Arms Hotel is located on the A52 The Mundy family were a rich land owning family who lived at Markeaton Hall Photo Description Mackworth Hotel Date photo taken 12th October 2001 Other Information Mackworth Hotel is located on the A52 Photo Description Mackworth Water Tower Date photo taken 12th October 2001 Other Information This is a feature that can be seen for miles around This is located on Radbourne Lane in Mackworth It was built in 1947 by Derby Corporation Waterworks See next section down for photos taken from the top of this Photo Description Mackworth Water Tower Date photo taken 12th October 2001 Other Information Water pumping building I think that water is pumped upto the

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_i_o/mackworth.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Mickleover, Derby, Derbyshire, England - Photographs and History
    opened around 1846 Maps For a local map of the Mickleover area click HERE For a aerial photo with overlayed map click HERE Images 08 to 12 below show the former Pastures Hospital building which is now luxury apartments This former lunatic Asylum was built to a design by architect Henry Duesbury in the years 1848 to 1851 and opened in 1851 Above the doorway of the main entrance you will see the Roman Numerals MDCCCXLIX I think its great that this building has been converted into something rather than demolishing it DP 200205MICKLE 08 DP 200205MICKLE 09 DP 200205MICKLE 10 DP 200205MICKLE 11 DP 200205MICKLE 12 Photo Description Mickleover Community Centre Image Reference No DP 040403MICKLE 05 Exact Map location Click HERE Date photo taken 4th April 2003 Other Information This building is Mickleover community centre This is a former public elementary school which was built in 1880 under the terms of the school board it was considerably rebuilt and enlarged in 1907 by J W Horton Here stood the infant schoolroom where Britain s first known children s matinee was held 7th February 1900 Photo Description All Saints Parish Church Image Reference No DP 040403MICKLE 01 Exact Map location Click HERE Date photo taken 4th April 2003 Other Information All Saints church is early 14th Century a lot of it was restored in the late 19th century Photo Description The Nags Head pub Image Reference No DP 200203MICKLE 07 Date photo taken 20th February 2003 Other Information The Nags Head pub is located near Tesco supermarket It is an 18th century two story brick building In 1946 its landlord was former Derby County player Stuart Mc Millan During 1946 Derby County beat Charlton at Wembley and he went into the history books as the only manager ever to

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_i_o/mickleover.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Photographs of Normaton, Peartree,Sunnyhill areas of Derby, England
    site where T C Harrison once stood Photo Description Tatlers the printers Date photo taken 3rd July 2001 Other Information This is Tatlers the printers on Abbey street Tatlers was founded in 1926 by William Tatler and his son Jack They originally worked from home at 234 Burton road In the mid 1930 s they moved to the present Abbey street premises which was originally built as a Silk mill Photo Description Abbey street Date photo taken 3rd July 2001 Other Information This is a photo looking up Abbey street On the left side is Tatlers To the right is the spa inn Abbey street is one of the straightest long roads in Derby Photo Description Ye Olde spa inn pub Exact map location Click HERE Date photo taken 3rd July 2001 Other Information This is the Ye old spa inn pub on Abbey street Originally this was the site of a mineral spring in 1736 In the 19th century the pub was built here Photo Description Old house on Burton road Breedon Hill road Date photo taken 3rd July 2001 Other Information An Old house on Burton road junction with Breedon Hill road Photo Description Tudor house on Burton road Date photo taken 3rd July 2001 Other Information A Tudor style house on Burton road Photo Description Detail on house on Burton road Date photo taken 3rd July 2001 Other Information Close up of the detail on a house next to the International Hotel on Burton road Photo Description International Hotel Date photo taken 3rd July 2001 Other Information This is the International Hotel and Restaurant on Burton road If your employer has Christmas parties meals then it is a fair bet that you have had one of them here A popular choice at Christmas Photo Description Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara Temple Date photo taken 18th April 2003 Other Information This is the Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara Temple on the corner of Dale road and Stanhope street If you used to live in Derby a LONG time ago you may be confused by this photo Yes it is an Indian temple Normaton has a very strong Asian community and this is one of many temples that have been built in the Normanton area This photo was taken a week after the Vaisakhi celebrations this is why the temple is decorated Photos of Normaton Park Derby Derbyshire England Normanton Park was opened on 4th September 1909 by the Duke of Devonshire It had 30 acres and a pavilion designed by John Ward I remember seeing Derby s fireworks and bonfire displays here in the late 70 s and learning to ride my bike back in the long hot summer of 1979 You don t get summers as hot as they used to be and it does not snow like it used to either Remember the long school summer holidays watching Why don t you Bagpus and the Waltons Photo Description Normanton park Date photo taken 10th August 2001 Other Information

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_i_o/normanton.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Shelton Lock, Derbyshire, England - Photographs and History
    Swarkestone The canal had three branches One branch ran from Swarkestone to the River Trent falling through 4 locks One ran from White Bear Lock which rose through Phoenix Lock to the River Derwent the river was navigable at this point for some 15 miles to Darley Mills The third branch was to Little Eaton which rose through 4 locks from the main line This branch was connected by tramroad Gangways to the Denby Collieries See my Little Eaton page for more info A metal aqueduct believed to be the first in the country about 40 feet long and built at Butterly Ironworks carried the canal over the Mill Fleam in Derby A road bridge passed over the aqueduct Some 2 miles from Swarkestone was a large embankment containing a similar aqueduct over Cuttle Brook The Derby Canal was owned by the Derby Canal Company and was never nationalised It was abandoned in 1964 but now the Derby Canal Society are bringing it back to life again so soon we will all be able to enjoy it again Please see the Derby Canal website for more information Photo Description The New Bridge Inn Pub Image Reference No DP 091101SHELTON 01 Date photo taken 9th November 2001 Other Information This is the New Bridge Inn Pub which replaced the original one The original public house was named after the canal bridge built here in the 1790 s Photo Description Shelton Lock Post office Image Reference No DP 091101SHELTON 02 Date photo taken 9th November 2001 Other Information This is the main post office in Shelton Lock Photo Description Photo of the old Derby bridge with the A514 on top of it Image Reference No DP 091101SHELTON 03 Date photo taken 9th November 2001 Other Information This bridge still shows evidence of

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_p_z/sheltonlock.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Photographs of the Sinfin area of Derby, England
    all the thumbnail photos have loaded before you click on one Photos of Sinfin Derby Derbyshire England Normanton Barracks was the recruit training Depot of the 2nd Battalion Sherwood Foresters and also the Regimental Headquarters It provided men for both the 1st battalion up to its closure in 1963 and for the 2nd battalion up to the final disbandment of this battalion in 1955 when it amalgamated with the 1st battalion The Barracks at the top of Sinfin lane have now been demolished In their place is a pub Hotel Multiplex cinema Bingo hall and Bowling alley Photo Description The site of the old Barracks Image Reference No DP 250601SINFIN 01 Date photo taken 25th June 2001 Other Information This is Sinfin Lane The Barracks were built here in 1874 77 this area was the home of the Sheerwood Foresters The Barracks were closed in 1963 This wall is all that remains from the original Barracks Photo Description The Oast house pub Image Reference No DP 250601SINFIN 02 Date photo taken 25th June 2001 Other Information The Oast House was built in 1989 and designed by Michael Sassoon This pub is on the corner of Sinfin lane and Osmaston park

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_p_z/sinfin.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Spondon, Derby, Derbyshire, England - Photographs & History
    you have any comments for the guest book or questions to ask then click HERE Please wait until all the thumbnail photos have loaded before you click on one Photos of Spondon Derby Derbyshire England The village of Spondon is Anglo Saxon The name Spondon is derived from the old English Spon meaning chip Shaving or shingle and Dun for a hill In the churchyard of St Werburghs stands a Saxon cross which is the only one in the county to be made from limestone The design on it is thought to be a Celtic symbol of Mortality Photo Description St Werburghs church Image Reference No DP 010801SPONDON 01 Exact map location Click HERE Date photo taken 1st August 2001 Other Information This is Saint Werburgs church on Lodge Lane It was built in 1390 and has a spire of 114 foot Photo Description White Swan pub Image Reference No DP 010801SPONDON 02 Date photo taken 1st August 2001 Other Information This is the White Swan pub on Moor street This pub originally called the Swan dates back to at least 1774 Photo Description Prince of Wales pub Image Reference No DP 010801SPONDON 03 Date photo taken 1st August 2001

    Original URL path: http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_p_z/spondon.htm (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive



  •  


web-archive-uk.com, 2017-12-12