web-archive-uk.com


Web directory, archive
Search web-archive-uk.com:


Find domain in archive system:
web-archive-uk.com » UK » H » HERITAGEPATHS.CO.UK

Total: 444

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    North Lanarkshire Council s SMARTways map as part of an extensive network of walking and cycle friendly routes The map is available for download pick up a copy locally or send a large SAE to us c o ScotWays via the address top right Heritage Information The Monkland Canal was built to bring cheap coal to Glasgow from the Monklands coalfields Work began in 1770 but a series of financial problems meant that progress stuttered and almost stalled with the canal incomplete However in the late 1780s Andrew Stirling breathed new life into the project the Monkland Canal was to be joined to the Forth and Clyde Canal in Glasgow and also to be extended further east Ultimately the Monkland Canal was a little more than 12 miles long and had taken 24 years to build but once completed it was a success Coal mines were opened and in the nineteenth century it became even more important due to the development of ironworks in Coatbridge Although it was primarily an industrial canal passenger boats were popular They operated from below Sheepford Locks to Blackhill To continue to Glasgow necessitated changing boats and the whole journey took two and a half

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=301 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    NT 342 619 Geographical area Lothian and Borders Path Type Path distance 0 7km Accessibility info Suitable for pedestrians Back to Search Route Description Start at the north end of Shank Bridge on the A7 road On the east side of the road at the end of the metal barrier enter a path 1m wide and go uphill through 2 kissing gates after 200m join a broad shale road Turn

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=302 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    and Access Society 24 Annandale Street Edinburgh EH7 4AN T 0131 558 7123 F 0131 558 1222 email facebook twitter flickr Join Us Donate SEARCH BY MAP ADVANCED SEARCH Coffin Road Bealach Eorabhat South Harris Site Design Hosting by Digital Routes Heritage Paths Old Gorebridge Track Start location Stobhill NT 347 621 End location road to D Arcy House NT 364 641 Geographical area Path Type Path distance 0km Accessibility

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=303 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    of Caithness Our description follows the route in reverse From Westerdale take the road south west to Strathmore Lodge A track leaves the public road about 1km west of the Lodge and goes westwards past the north end of Loch More to a bridge at 072 464 Cross the bridge and continue along a track on the west side of the loch and up the River Thurso to Dalnawillan Lodge and Dalganachan then S to Glutt Lodge 12km from Loch More Just before reaching the lodge turn left and go SE along a well made track across the Dunbeath Water to Lochan nam Bo Riabhach Continue SE by the track to reach Braemore 9km from Dunbeath along a narrow public road OS Landranger 11 Thurso Dunbeath or 17 Helmsdale Strath of Kildonan 12 Thurso Wick surrounding area Heritage Information The route is depicted along its present line on the OS 6 first edition maps of Caithness surveyed 1871 However Roy s map 1747 55 clearly shows many of the placenames along this route his map depicts a more populous Caithness By 1871 Westerdale is a busy settlement with its bridge built in 1834 mills limekiln post office school free church

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=304 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    A838 road 0 5km north of Achfary at the bridge over the river flowing into Loch Stack Go along the private road past Airdachuilinn to Lone cottage and continue E on the path up the grassy glen of Srath Luib na Seilich to reach the Bealach na Feithe 450m Descend due E on the far side of this pass and reach a track which leads to Gobernuisgach Lodge at the

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=305 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    peaks of Suilven and Canisp and following a good path for most of the way Leave Lochinver by the private road to Glencanisp Lodge and continue along the road past the lodge and up Glen Canisp by a fine path past Suileag bothy MBA along the north side of Loch na Gainimh and through the narrow defile of Ghlinne Dhorcha Cross the burn at the outflow of Lochan Fada and climb gradually along the bare stony ridge on its south side Less than 1km beyond the head of the loch the path turns south along a low ridge and drops to Cam Loch Finally follow the path southeast along the lochside to reach the A835 2km from Elphin Unfortunately the linked Heritage Paths mapped line see below for this route is way out though it does at least take you to Assynt We re working on getting that fixed but in the meantime find Lochinver on the map and follow the route description above Heritage Information This path appears in the 1st edition OS 6 inch to the mile maps which were surveyed in the mid 19th century It is also marked in John Home s Survey of Assynt in

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=306 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    Edderton Mains NH 720 842 End location Milton NH 766 746 Geographical area Ross and Cromarty Path Type Drove Road Path distance 7km Accessibility info Suitable for pedestrians Back to Search Route Description From Edderton on the A9 6km north west of Tain the minor road signposted to Edderton Mains is followed and continues as a track round the west side of Edderton Hill through the Morangie Forest At Culpleasant NH743797 the track divides and the three possible routes to the Scotsburn road are signposted NE to Rosehill E to Quebec Bridge and SE to East Lamington There is also a western route through Strath Rory to join up with the B9176 For assistance with exploring the area The Highland Council have produced a Paths Around Morangie Forest leaflet which suggests various trails Heritage Information These tracks are a network of old drove roads around Tain The Lairgs of Tain was a well known drove road used by drovers avoiding the high tolls on the Struie Road Dalnaclach was a resting point for drovers at one time as well The network of roads probably represent a set of tracks that were used at different times Some of them may have

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=307 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Heritage Paths - Search for Paths by Map
    Allt Coire na Fearna to the head of Loch Choire Continue along the lochside both the north and the south side of the loch have paths to Loch Choire Lodge and then go E along a private road to Gearnsary and past Loch an Alltan Fhearna and the south end of Loch Badanloch to the B871 road 6km west of Kinbrace on the A897 where there is a station with a rather infrequent train service A shorter alternative is to start at Crask Inn further north and also on the A836 Follow the path through the Bealach Easach to Loch a Bhealaich and Loch Choire Then follow the route as described above OS Landranger 16 Lairg Loch Shin 17 Helmsdale Strath of Kildonan Heritage Information The track from Crask Inn to Loch Choire Lodge first appears on OS mapping surveyed in 1894 It runs through the Bealach Easach then along the north side of Loch a Bhealaich and the south side of Loch Coire an Fhearna to the Lodge There are buildings marked at Alltnaba and Altalaird on the north side of the loch The track heading east is first mapped here too although the earlier path east can be seen on maps surveyed in 1872 A track runs from Dalmichy but only as far as Dalnessie The path from Dalnessie to Loch Coire first appears on the OS 1 map surveyed in 1908 On that map Alltnaba has disappeared from the north shore but Alltalaird is still marked and indeed is there to this day This development of the network of tracks round Loch Choire as shown in the OS maps probably charts its rise as a sporting estate However it is likely that these paths existed as routes before that time as there are numerous deserted townships and

    Original URL path: http://www.heritagepaths.co.uk/pathdetails.php?path=308 (2016-02-09)
    Open archived version from archive



  •  


web-archive-uk.com, 2017-12-12