web-archive-uk.com


Web directory, archive
Search web-archive-uk.com:


Find domain in archive system:
web-archive-uk.com » UK » S » SIMPLONPC.CO.UK

Total: 660

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Burnham-on-Crouch - Wallasea Ferry - Ferry Photographs - Ferry Postcards - Simplon Postcards
    04 82 Email Burnhamferry hotmail co uk Website www burnhamferry co uk Twitter burnhamferry Sea Rover loading passengers and bicycles at Burnham Photo Ian Boyle 30th September 2013 Lady Essex II Lady Essex II had been running the Burnham Wallasea ferry service until 2005 Postcard of Lady Essex II Lady Essex III Lady Essex III replaced older boat Lady Essex II and worked the ferry 2005 2012 Lady Essex III is a custom built Starfish 10 Lady Essex III was originally built as a prototype for the Royal Navy and as such was built from fire retardant fibreglass to the most exacting standards With her Ford Mermaid diesel engine she is somewhat faster than her predecessor and is capable of 13 knots a full 5 knots faster than Lady Essex II She is 33 feet 10 inches long and was built in 1981 by Bounty boats in Brundall Norfolk She is fully licensed and insured for 40 passengers and two crew for river trips and short voyages to sea Prior to her purchase in 2005 an Isgair The Fisherman in Celtish was working from Avoch in North East Scotland on angling and dolphin watching trips This vessel and operator not longer operates the ferry from 2013 but continues to run river trips www ladyessex com Lady Essex III arriving at Essex Marina Wallasea Photo Ian Boyle 28th May 2006 Lady Essex III at Essex Marina Wallasea Photo Ian Boyle 28th May 2006 Ferry service handbill for 2006 since changed for 2007 Burnham on Crouch Burnham on Crouch is a town in the Maldon District of Essex in the East of England It lies on the north bank of the River Crouch It is one of Britain s leading places to go yachting Burnham on Crouch hosts a sailing event known as Burnham Week This takes place annually in the last week of August The week includes competitive yacht and dinghy racing on the River Crouch The event is shared among the four established sailing clubs in Burnham The Royal Corinthian Yacht Club linked to the sailing club with the same name in Cowes Isle Of Wight The Royal Burnham Yacht Club The Crouch Yacht Club and The Burnham Sailing Club This annual yacht regatta dates back to 1893 In the early years Burnham Week was regarded as the last event in the sailing calendar In the days before marinas afforded year round access many yachts were laid up for the winter in mud berths on the east coast rivers The racing fleets worked their way along the south coast enjoying various events and regattas having a final fling at Burnham before laying up Today the event is still growing strongly and the various sailing clubs produce many highly regarded sailors The week provides a range of competitive racing events as well as a full party programme Burnham on Crouch seen from Wallasea Photo Ian Boyle 28th May 2006 The Rio Cinema at Burnham on Crouch Photo Ian Boyle 11th March

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Burnham-on-Crouch.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Majorca Page 2: Soller Tramway
    unseemly scrum to get on a single small tram and trailer that used to happen Contact www trendesoller com Sections on this Page Trams 1 2 3 Tram 4 ex Bilbao ex Lisbon Trams 20 21 22 23 24 Trailers 5 6 enclosed trailers Trailers 8 9 10 11 Jardinera open trailers Associated Pages Majorca Railways Page 1 Palma Sóller Railway Majorca Railways Page 2 Sóller Tramway this page Majorca Railways Page 3 Other Railways Tramways Header Page Simplon Postcards Home Page Search This Website powered by FreeFind References Today s Railways Issue Nos 63 64 122 plus other news articles The Railways and Tramways of Majorca by Giles Barnabe Plateway Press 1993 Prodigioso Tren de Sóller by Manuel Maristany Josep Miquele Reserva Anticipada 1997 Ferrocarriles de Sóller y Mallorca by Jose Maria Valero Eustaquio de la Cruz ALDABA Ediciones 1997 Sóller Tramway All images link to larger copies Trams 1 3 1913 Tram No 1 Triangle Postals card 410 4 of tram No 1 Photo Jordi Puig Tram No 1 on the Sóller Tramway Photo Copyright Ian Boyle 1st August 1995 Tram No 2 Triangle Postals card 463 4 of tram No 2 in winter pulling enclosed trailer No 5 or 6 Photo Ricard Pia Triangle Postals card 592 5 of tram No 2 Photo Ricard Pia FISA Escudo de Orio card EL070 of tram No 2 Photo Joan Oliva Triangle Postals card 4330 of tram No 2 with enlarged view Photo Jaime Serrat Postales el Mar card 633 of tram Nos 2 and 22 Tram No 2 on the Sóller Tramway Photo 2006 Copyright Ian Boyle 16th August 2006 Tram No 3 Triangle Postals card 592 5 of tram No 3 Photo Ricard Pia Postales el Mar card 356 of tram No 3 lower Photo Jaime Serrat Tram No 3 pulling trailers 10 and 11 Photo 2006 Copyright Ian Boyle 16th August 2006 Tram No 3 on the Sóller Tramway Photo 2013 Copyright Ian Boyle 12th July 2013 Trailers 8 11 Trailer No 8 Trailer No 8 on the Sóller Tramway Photo Copyright Ian Boyle 1st August 1995 Trailer No 10 Trailer No 10 on the Sóller Tramway Photo 2006 Copyright Ian Boyle 16th August 2006 Trailer No 10 at Marysol passing place on the Sóller Tramway Photo 2013 Copyright Ian Boyle 12th July 2013 Trailer No 11 Postales el Mar card 356 of trailer No 11 upper Photo Jaime Serrat Trailer No 11 on the Sóller Tramway Photo 2006 Copyright Ian Boyle 16th August 2006 Tram 4 ex Bilbao Tram 4 has been returned to Bilbao for restoration and preservation there FISA Escudo de Oro card 3255 of tram No 4 Trailers Nos 5 6 Triangle Postals card 463 4 of enclosed trailer No 5 or 6 being pulled by tram No 2 in winter ex Lisbon Trams 20 24 A number of 2 and 4 axle cars have been obtained from Lisbon of which five 2 axle cars have been re gauged and numbered 20 24

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/T_Majorca-2.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive

  • RiverRat Ferry - Totnes, Devon - River Dart - www.simplonpc.co.uk
    riverrat co uk Telephone 07814 954 869 Vessels on this Page DartOtter RiverRat Other Simplon Devon Pages Devon Header Page Dart Pleasure Craft became Dartmouth Riverboats from 2010 Dartmouth Higher Lower Ferries Dartmouth Riverboats ex River Link this page Dartmouth Steam Railway and River Boat Company Devon Railway Ferries Tenders Devon Dock Pier SS Co Greenway Ferry Torquay Dart Millbrook SB Trading Company Plymouth Plymouth Boat Cruises Sound Cruising from 2005 Plymouth Boat Trips River Dart SB Co ceased trading 1974 River Link became Dartmouth Riverboats from 2010 RiverRat Ferry Totnes water taxi ferry this page Sound Cruising Plymouth Silverline Cruising Plymouth Tamar Cruising Cremyll Ferry Co Plymouth Western Lady Ferry Service Torquay Associated Pages UK Excursion Vessels Cruise Ships Ocean Liners World Ferry Fleets Simplon Postcards Home Page Simplon Postcards Recent Updates Simplon Postcards facebook page References Trip Out Guides Various Editions 1985 2010 by Geoffrey Hamer Trip Out Guides are available from Geoffrey Hamer PO Box 485 Southall UB1 9BH Estuary River Ferries of South West England Martin Langley Edwina Small Waine Research 1984 Passenger Steamers of the River Tamar Alan Kittridge Twelveheads Press 1984 Passenger Steamers of the River Dart Richard Clammer Alan Kittridge Twelveheads Press 1987

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/DartRiverRatFerry.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Dartmouth Riverboats - www.simplonpc.co.uk
    River Dart Steam Boat Company which was laid up during the war and was sold in 1947 She was followed by the similar Berry Castle 3 the following year both from Philip of Dartmouth In 1975 the Millbrook SB Trading Co bought the large Dartmouth Castle 3 from the ailing River Dart Steam Boat Company They sold the following year to Dart Pleasure Craft who had effectively succeeded the River Dart Steam Boat Company on River Dart services In 1977 the Millbrook SB Trading Co also bought the Cardiff Castle from the River Dart Steam Boat Company In 1980 the directors of the Millbrook SB Trading Co Derek Crawford Les Worth and Sidney Mashford sold their shares to Dart Pleasure Craft who then ran both Dart and Plymouth services The Dartmouth Castle has a length of 26 52 metres and a gross tonnage of 81 She was purpose built with both sea and river operations in mind and has a maximum load line draft of just over 95cm thus making her ideal for Avocet Bird Watching Cruises on the River Exe In 2007 Devon Princess Cruises Mike Barrow ran the Dartmouth Castle on cruises from Exmouth and Torbay She is listed as a Historic Ship Certificate number 299 in the National Register of Historic Vessels The Dartmouth Castle seats nearly 300 passengers with over twice the passenger space of the Devon Princess II III previously used on the Avocet Cruises In 2010 Dartmouth Castle was bought by the Dartmouth Steam Railway River Boat Company marketed as Dartmouth Riverboats and successors to earlier owners Dart Pleasure Craft Dartmouth Castle 3 is the oldest large vessel in the Dartmouth Riverboats fleet Dartmouth Castle at Torquay In Devon Princess Cruises colours shortly before repainting in Dartmouth Riverboats livery Photo Ian Boyle 10th May 2011 Dartmouth Castle arriving at Dartmouth Photo Ian Boyle 11th June 2012 On board Dartmouth Castle Photo Ian Boyle 11th June 2012 Dartmouth Castle leaving Totnes Steamer Quay Photo Ian Boyle 11th June 2012 Passing Dartmouth Castle whilst on Cardiff Castle Photo Ian Boyle 11th June 2012 Edgcumbe Belle Built 1957 Dartmouth Riverboats Edgcumbe Belle was built as the Humphrey Gilbert Sister vessels Humphrey Gilbert and Adrian Gilbert were built for British Railways BR in 1957 for the Dartmouth Kingswear ferry service The service and the two sisters passed into local authority ownership in 1972 when BR closed the Kingswear branch beyond Goodrington Both boats were sold in 1976 for use on the St Mawes ferry in Cornwall but proved unsuitable and were bought back by BR for use on the Tilbury Gravesend ferry They again proved unsuitable for this route but were re engined and offered for sale Humphrey Gilbert was laid up at Newhaven then bought by Meridian Line Cruises of Greenwich in 1978 She was not used by them and was sold again to the Millbrook Steamboat Trading Company in 1979 for use on the Drake s Island ferry as the Edgcumbe Belle The following year the

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/DartmouthRiverboats.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive

  • LNER - Humber Railway Ferries - www.simplonpc.co.uk
    controversy in 2011 The first diesel vessel used on the ferry was the Farringford in 1974 The Farringford had been delivered to British Railways the British Transport Commission in 1948 for service between Lymington and Yarmouth She was driven by two paddlewheels which could be controlled independently In 1974 Farringford was rebuilt as a side loader and transferred to the Hull New Holland route on the River Humber She was withdrawn in 1981 replaced y the new Humber Bridge Farringford was sold to Western Ferries for use on their Gourock Dunoon route Sold in 1984 she was broken up in Hull Boats on this Page Tattershall Castle Wingfield Castle Lincoln Castle Farringford Associated Pages UK Excursion Vessels Cruise Ships Ocean Liners World Ferry Fleets Simplon Postcards Home Page Simplon Postcards Recent Updates Other East Coast Pages Bridlington Page 1 Scarborough Page 1 Scarborough Page 2 Yorkshire Belle Bridlington Excursions Simplon Facebook Pages Simplon Ship Postcards facebook page Simplon Main Line Railways facebook page Simplon Minor Railways facebook page Simplon Piers Lighthouses facebook page Simplon Tramways facebook page Simplon Cliff Lifts facebook page Search the Simplon Website Humber Railway Ferries GCR LNER BTC AHL BR Sealink Each image links to a larger copy which opens in a new window Tattershall Castle LNER BTC AHL BR Sealink 1934 72 The Tattershall Castle was built by William Gray of West Hartlepool in 1934 for the LNER she passed to the British Transport Commission BTC in 1948 Associated Humber Lines took over Humber ferry operations in 1959 and she received the red AHL band on her BTC BR yellow and black funnel The tripod mast on the funnel was added in 1964 She was sold in 1972 refitted at Immingham and eventually ended up on the Thames where she remains as a floating bar in 2013 Photo postcards of Tattershall Castle in LNER livery Post 1964 photo postcards of Tattershall Castle in BR livery Chantry Classics postcard of Tattershall Castle in Sealink Colours Photo Brian Todd Tattershall Castle being refitted at Immingham for use on the Thames Photo 1975 Ian Boyle Official postcard of Tattershall Castle on the Thames initially in use as an art gallery Tattershall Castle on the Thames initially in use as an art gallery Photos 1978 Ian Boyle March 1978 Wingfield Castle LNER BTC AHL Sealink 1934 75 The Wingfield Castle was built by William Gray of West Hartlepool in 1934 for the LNER she passed to the British transport Commission BTC in 1948 Associated Humber Lines took over Humber ferry operations in 1959 and she received the red AHL band on her BTC BR yellow and black funnel The tripod mast on the funnel was added in 1964 She became the reserve ship in 1972 when Lincoln Castle ran a one ship service but was in service on my first Humber visit in 1974 Her final trip was in March 1974 so I was very lucky to travel on her DEPV Farringford replaced Wingfield Castle Wingfield Castle then had

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/LNER_Humber.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive

  • P&O Ocean Liner Postcards Page 2 - 1915-1939
    500 passengers whilst an additional 700 temporary berths could be rigged for the outbound emigrant voyages They sailed to Australia via Cape Town and offered departures every two weeks By 1926 the third class emigrant trade was collapsing and in 1929 the route via Capetown was abandoned The ships were refitted in turn including conversion to oil firing and returned to service with accommodation for 586 one class passengers They were used on the mail route to Australia via Suez charging third class fares for much improved accommodation compared to their earlier history However their withdrawals started only seven years later P O official postcard of Bendigo 2 England Egypt Ceylon Australia route the same card was issued for all sisters Image links to a larger copy P O official postcard of Bendigo 2 at Capetown England Egypt Ceylon Australia route the same card was issued for all sisters P O official postcard of Barrabool at Capetown England South Africa Australia route the same card was issued for all sisters Image links to a larger copy P O official postcard of Ballarat 2 Scan Chris Sanderson Image links to a larger copy Photographic postcard of Ballarat 2 Photographic postcard of Baradine 1 P O official postcard of Balranald 1 Photographic postcard of Balranald 1 C R Hoffman postcard of Barrabool Moldavia 2 1922 P O official postcard P O official postcard Mongolia 3 1923 Mongolia 3 was chartered to NZSC from 1938 as the Rimutaka and was sold in 1950 to the Incres Shipping Company being renamed the Europa and later the Nassau The ship was purchased in 1961 by Natumex Line Compania Navegacion Turística Mexicana SA a Mexican government owned company to provide a fortnightly service between Acapulco and Los Angeles She underwent a rebuild by the Fairfield Shipbuilding Engineering Co Ltd of Glasgow Scotland including the fitting of a new bow and funnel The Acapulco then sailed for the United States where it initially failed inspections by the United States Coast Guard On its third trip from California it suffered a mechanical breakdown at sea In 1962 she went to the Seattle World s Fair to serve as a hotel ship In 1963 she was laid up at Manzanillo Colima and in 1964 Acapulco was towed to Japan for scrap arriving at Osaka on 15 December 1964 for breaking up at Sakai Demolition commenced on 6 January 1965 P O official postcard of Mongolia 3 Photographic postcard of Mongolia 3 Official New Zealand Shipping Co postcard of Rimutaka 3 whilst on charter from P O Photographic postcard of Acapulco Mooltan 3 1923 P O official postcard P O official postcard Later P O official postcard Later P O official postcard Maloja 2 1924 P O official postcard P O official postcard of Maloja Later P O official postcard of Maloja Photographic postcard of Maloja 2 Photographic postcard of Maloja 2 Cathay 2 1925 P O official postcard Comorin 1 1925 P O official postcard Scan Clive Haddock Image

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/PO_Liners3.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive

  • TT Line - TR Line - Travemunde-Trelleborg Ship Postcards
    Tasman was sold to following year to Ventouris becoming the Pollux and served on the route Igoumenitsa Bari In 1995 Pollux was sold to NEL Lines for service Piraeus Lesvos Chios Thessaloniki as the Theofilos Robin Hood II Chartered 1980 Tor Anglia was built in 1966 for service on the Tor Lines triangle of services between the UK Sweden and Holland In 1975 Tor Anglia was sold to Trans Tirreno Express due to the imminent arrival of the larger Tor Britannia and Tor Scandinavia but was chartered back to continue Tor Line service until June 1976 She was then renamed Expresso Olbia and used on the services Livorno Olbia and Genoa Palermo From 1978 Expresso Olbia was chartered to Adriatica B I Line Fred Olsen TT Line and Olau Line TT Line gave her the marketing name of Robin Hood whilst in their service in 1980 She was sold in 1981 to Corsica Ferries and renamed Sardinia Nova She remains in the 2000 Corsica Ferries fleet A complete postcard history is available on this link Expresso Olbia on charter to TT Linie as the Robin Hood Photo Fotohaus Pamperin Saga Wind 1981 1989 Saga Wind was built in 1972 by Helsingörs Skipsværft Helsingör as the Svealand for the Trave Line service between Helsingborg Travemünde In 1976 the service passed to Saga Linjen In 1981 Svealand transferred to TT Saga Linjen for their Travemünde Trelleborg route Ownership at this time was Johnson Line In 1983 ownership passed to Scandinavian Ferry Lines and she was renamed Saga Wind that year In 1989 she moved to the Stockholm Åbo route of SeaWind Line and was renamed Sea Wind A complete postcard history of this ship is available on this link Svealand in TT Saga Line colours Photo Frank Heine Scan Fakta om Fartyg Postcard of Saga Wind in TT Saga Line colours Saga Wing in TT Saga Line colours Photo Patrick Schultz Saga Star 1986 1988 1993 2002 Saga Star was built in 1981 by Fartygsentreprenader Ab Uddevalla for TT Saga Linjen services Helsingborg Malmö Trelleborg Travemünde In 1988 she was sold to CMN and entered service with them as the Girolata in 1989 between Marseille Bastia In 1993 she was chartered back to TT Line reverting to previous name Saga Star TT Line purchased her in 1997 In 2002 she was sold to Transmanche Ferries and entered service between Newhaven Dieppe as the Dieppe A complete history of this ship is available on this link Official TT Saga Line postcard of Saga Star Saga star in TT Line colours Photo Dirk Jankowsky Peter Pan 3 1986 1993 Peter Pan 3 was built in 1986 by Schichau Seebeckswerft AG Bremerhaven for the TT Line Travemünde Trelleborg route Her sisters were the Nils Holgersson 4 Olau Britannia 2 and Olau Hollandia 2 She was sold in 1993 to the Government of Tasmania for service between Devonport Tasmania and Melbourne Australia as the Spirit of Tasmania She was laid up in Sydney in 2002 following

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/TT-Line.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Barton House Miniature Railways
    Railway is 7 25 inch gauge The railway is open from 2 30pm to 5 30pm on the third Sunday of the Month from April to October as well as Easter Monday Brief History Work on the Barton House Railway began in 1960 when the 3 5 inch gauge track now know as Mid land Railway was laid and the steam loco 251 ran after its rebuilding The loco had been in the Bower family for generations This was joined by a second steam loco 1442 and an electric loco In 1963 the railway was opened to the public and with the help of the volunteer staff has since raised thousands of pounds for many local charities In 1967 the Midland Great Northern Joint Railway Honing East Signalbox was rebuilt at Barton House Railway having been carefully dismantled from its original home at Honing Station where it had stood since 1901 In 1979 work began on the 7 25 inch gauge Riverside Railway with Sparky the electric loco initially working this line followed in 1998 by the steam loco Midge The line is a U shape terminating at two adjacent stations Riverside East and Riverside West by the quay There as a passing loop at intermediate station Wroxham A lengthy branch not generally used for passenger trains runs along the property boundary to the loco carriage sheds In 2003 the BHR Museum opened the friends of BHR was re launched and a second 7 25 inch gauge steam loco Edward Thomas arrived In 2005 the Friends of BHR helped us raise money towards a new Vulcan design electric loco for the Riverside Railway It has been named Paul Bower in honour of the railway owner s father who gave generously his time and skill to create the railway back in 1960 3 The railway celebrated 50 years of operations on 17th 18th August 2013 Further extensions to the 7 25 inch system are under construction Website www bartonhouserailway org uk Phone 01603 782008 3 5 inch Gauge Railway Mid land Railway GNR Atlantic 241 Work on the Barton House Railway began in 1960 when the 3 5 inch gauge track now know as Mid land Railway was laid and the steam loco 251 ran after its rebuilding The loco had been in the Bower family for generations and is now displayed in the BHR museum This was joined by a second steam loco 1442 which was not on display GNR Atlantic 241 in the BHR museum Photo Ian Boyle 17th August 2013 EM1 Electric Tommy The Barton House Railway loco running at the 50th Anniversary was a battery powered bogie loco apparently modelled on the prototype LNER Sheffield Bo Bo EM1 Tommy from its square cab windows Battery powered model of LNER designed EM1 loco in BR colours Photo Ian Boyle 17th August 2013 7 25 inch Gauge Railway Riverside Railway Sparky 4w Battery Electric In 1979 work began on the 7 25 inch gauge Riverside Railway with Sparky the

    Original URL path: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/BartonHouse.html (2016-02-15)
    Open archived version from archive



  •  


web-archive-uk.com, 2017-12-18